Refillable Gas Systems - what is it all about?
A refillable gas system is designed to replace your conventional propane or butane gas bottles with either a purpose built steel cylinder that is fixed under your van, or specially designed bottles that are fixed in to your current locker box.
Refilling is simple. Drive in to one of the many LPG filling stations, attach the filling hose and top up you tank or bottles in minutes.
There are many advantages to using a refillable gas system
- No need to exchange bottles - Simply fill up at one of the many filling stations offering LPG
- Only pay for the gas you use - No returning part used bottles.
- Simple and quick to refill - No lifting of heavy bottles.
- Filling points in the UK and abroad - No more country specific bottles
- Overfill Protection System - Our systems have an 80% cut off system fitted as standard
- Eurotunnel Friendly Design - Simply turn off the supply before you board.
With LPG that you get from the petrol pump forecourts, you pay the road duty tax, but even with this, the refillable solution works cheaper than that of the equivalent gas bottles exchanged at the local dealer.
Refilling abroad can be done in just the same way. There is currently no agreed standard for filling nozzles across Europe so you will require a simple adapter that screws in to your external filling point that accepts the different filling guns found in the country you are travelling in. These adapters can be found in our shop here
Refillable Gas Bottles / Cylinders
Purpose designed gas bottles to be mounted inside the vehicle gas locker Read More
Refillable Gas Tanks
Specially made steel gas tanks used for the specific purpose of filling with liquid LPG Read More
Tank Mounting Cradles
Custom built tank mounting cradles, our unique design and only available through Autogas 2000 Leisure. Read More